Welcome to Roysia Surgery
The doctors and staff here care for 6,500 patients and are committed to providing a service of the highest standard. Our clinical team treats minor ailments that occur as well as managing chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes, We also offer a variety of other medical services, including antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery and childhood vaccinations.
Online services enables you to do such things as order prescriptions and cancel appointments.
We have a private car park. All of our consulting rooms and toilets are on ground level.
MKGP Plus Update
MKGP Plus are pleased to be providing patient services at Roysia surgery. We are an established healthcare provider in the Buckingham and Cambridgeshire areas with a proven track record of providing high quality GP services. Our aim is to provide high quality, responsive care that meets the needs of our patients. We look forward to meeting you and to working with staff and patients to improve the services we provide.
MKGP Plus currently has a 12 month contract to provide health services at Roysia surgery, which started on 1 January 2021. During the transition period we worked closely with the previous management to ensure a smooth handover of services.
We are committed to providing high quality patient care to our patients. We know that continuity of care is important for patients, and so we have been working to offer roles to existing staff, as well as recruiting additional permanent roles which will allow us to offer more appointments and improve services for patients.
MKGP Plus Ltd is a CQC registered healthcare provider organisation that is a subsidiary of MKGP Ltd. Our purpose is to provide supportive, sustainable solutions for primary care.
We are keen to hear feedback from patients so if you would like to get in touch with us please do so using the comments box at www.mkgp.co.uk
Investing in the Healthcare Team at Roysia Surgery
We have a great team of staff delivering patient services at Roysia. We know how important continuity of care is for patients, so we are have made a number of new appointments which will secure, and add to, the patient services we deliver from the surgery:
- Dr Viswam has extended her contract and will be staying at the practice. We also have three new GPs (2 females and a male) who will be starting with us soon, they will all be here by the beginning of May. The new GPs have specialist interests in dementia, sexual health, paediatrics and gynaecology.
- Our Diabetic Nurse, Lesley Richards, will be staying with us and continuing her Tuesday clinic.
- Our Lead Nurse, Theresa Hawes, has started with us as a permanent member of the team.
- Our new Practice Nurse will be Tracy Carter and she starts with us on 1 March.
- A new Advanced Nurse Practitioner will be joining us on 22 March.
- Shelly Crabb and Pam Cramer are MKGP Plus nurses who will be working at the practice to help us get through a waiting list of health reviews and blood tests.
- Spart Hamdard is the new Practice Manager, he is very experienced and joins us from a practice in Watford.
- Lisa Hay has a well-deserved promotion to Deputy Practice Manager and will be supporting Spart and the rest of the team.
- All our wonderful Receptionists are staying with us, and we will also have two more Reception staff joining us in March.
- We have increased the number of phlebotomy sessions, and this will increase further once our new Healthcare Assistant starts with us at the end of March.
- We will also be offering a new women’s health clinic in the future.
- We are also proud to be supporting the COVID-19 vaccination programme, and we are continuing to support Royston Health Centre to ensure our patients are offered the vaccine.
(Site updated 19/04/2021)